As much as we would love to have a bunch of BHAGs to chase all year long, we decided to take the low road and opted for a few ‘UNresolutions’ for 2014. Well, not totally, we still have a few aspirational goals.
The dude formerly known as ‘bWEST’ has set the bar low for us.
- Keep the Facebook tab in his browser closed from 9:00am – 5:00pm which should single-handedly increase his productivity by 37.5%.
- Stop using the ellipses at the end of every tweet and use more Aposiopeses…
- Figure out how to market something on SnapChat.
- And here is his only real resolution for 2013.
Our creative director and swiss army knife – he’s good at a lot of cool stuff including opening cans.
- Stop getting angry when people type ‘hmmm…’ in status updates and emails.
- Do more than just post pictures of hotdogs to my social media accounts.
- Start creating more infographics before they go out of style.
- Get a Dribbble.com invite and Hangout where are the cool web kids hang out.
Last year Matt went from co-op student to part-timer. This year our goal is to bring him on full-time and maybe even get him some OT. Matt unresolves to:
- Transition my work schedule to that of a normal person. Currently it’s closer to 9pm-5am than it is to the usual 9am-5pm.
- Begin my ascent of Everest (that’s what I named my student loan).
- Purge my brain of useless sports stat lines and scores from the past two decades and fill those voids with useful information.
- Prove that you don’t need to be named ‘Chris’ to succeed with bWEST!
Even our mascot and therapy dog who joined the team late last year has a few unresolutions.
- Stop jumping on everyone that comes through the door.
- Stop eating everything, including my bed.
- Give the team something soft to pet on their way to the coffee maker.
- Work a few more bones into my next contract.
- Figure out this Twitter thing.
So there you have it – our unresolutions for the next 12 months. Bwest wishes from all of us here for whatever you have planned for 2014… 🙂