Five Most Dramatic New Updates to Facebook
Don’t blink, like summer in Victoria, you might miss something new at Facebook. Yes they seem to be making updates at a feverish pace recently. Here are a few that you can take advantage of right now:
- Vanity URL for Anyone: You no longer need a minimum of 25 fans to create a vanity URL. Check it out. Any Facebook page you have created is eleigible for a vanity URL. I just created one for "Tofino Pics" a brand new page with 0 fans.
- Bigger Pictures: Now, the photos you share on Facebook are bigger (720 pixels to 960 pixels) and load twice as fast. Photos you’ve already uploaded to your profile will also be displayed at this higher resolution. Read More >>
- Introducing the Subscribe Button: Now you can hear from people you’re interested in, even if you’re not friends. Simply click the "Subscribe" button on someone’s profile to get their public updates in your News Feed.
- Recommendations Plug-in: shows personalized recommendations to your users. Since the content is hosted by Facebook, the plugin can display personalized recommendations whether or not the user has logged into your site. Read More >>
- Profile Tag Review: This is one of the most dramatic updates to the Facebook privacy settings this year. You can manage the privacy of your status updates, photos and profile info using the inline audience selector — when you share or afterwards. Remember: the people you share with can always share your information with others, including apps. Try editing your profile to see how it works or learn more.