bWEST is Hiring – WordPress Developer
We are looking for a driven, talented and accountable WordPress Developer to support our rapidly growing client portfolio. The WordPress Developer ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with the business outcomes clients expect.
Your passion for WordPress and open source in general is supported by an understanding of effective user experience, responsive design, SEO, analytics, site features & functionality, lead-generation, and e-commerce transactions.
All of our sites are unique in look and functionality (all our themes are custom built) and many will present fun new challenges from a development standpoint.
- Roll out features / functions and complete projects on schedule
- Coordinate with other team members to deliver a final, functional site to spec including (migrating content, testing features/functions/work-flows, integrating with third party tools)
- Actively test product outputs on IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Proactively participate in logic and functionality testing to ensure that websites and supporting features are working properly
- Follow design and code reviews and practice established coding standards
- Maintain client confidence through active management of private information and established security protocols
- Familiar with, and use Bootstrap as a framework
- Can code a WordPress theme from scratch
- Experience using the Advanced Custom Fields and WooCommerce WordPress plugins
- Self-starter, able to work with little to no supervision
- Ability to stay on task
- Ability to understand and meet performance metrics
- Take initiative on fixing errors that arise
- 1+ year Experience with WordPress and PHP
- Proficiency with WordPress Coding Standards, approaches and common API’s.
- Proficiency with WordPress / Theme / Plugin installation, configuration and management
- Experience with MySQL (queries, bulk data import/export, etc.)
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS.
- Experience with modern web standards required (semantic markup, HTML5, mobile web)
- Can effectively understand business requirements into features & functional outputs
- Excellent and pro-active written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Basecamp and Freshbooks an asset but not necessary
- A flexible work-from-home schedule
- Free time to work on special projects
- Great clients and challenging projects
- A learning environment where you will grow
- Participation in industry leading events like Social Media Camp and SOHO Victoria
- Competitive salary
bWEST is a digital marketing agency in Victoria BC, working with clients across Canada and the USA. Since 2009, we’ve built a number of long-standing client relationships, focused on exceeding expectations. Our team has extensive experience building brands, websites and digital strategies that stand out in the marketplace and become valuable assets for their organizations.
If you are a good fit and interested in the position please contact us.